Wednesday, January 26, 2011

blog three


In Tuesday’s blog, I wrote about one thing that I organize in my life.  For an example, I discussed the way in which I organized my closet, which is by color.  

This organization has allowed me to find things within their color category, based on the fact that I know what items I have, and what color they are. 

The example of closet organization is a good one, particularly in referring to Weinberger’s words on slicing things, and how you choose to slice something.  Clothes in a closet could be organized in several different ways.  A person could organize their closet by item type (i.e. skirts, blouses, etc.), or they could even organize by brand name.

I believe that I choose to organize by color due to the fact that I am a visual person.  This rings true in both my academic and personal life.  I have been drawn to color and visual aesthetics since I took my first art class.  I love the ways in which colors can complement one another, and how they all look when presented together.  My organization definitely stems from my appreciation for aesthetic appeal and varieties of color.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing, although I often discover it isn't the most user friendly for me...it just makes my closet look good. Apparently I value aesthetics over usability.

    ReplyDelete